Our founder Dr. Thomas Liang believed in the power of education to change lives. In 1986, Dr. Liang established AIS to give students a unique American international 五福彩票app手机版 experience that would prepare them for admission to 五福彩票app手机版s, colleges and universities in the United States. 30+ years later, our founding values – Justice, Knowledge, and Love – remain the hallmarks of an AIS education. AIS is proud of its small-五福彩票app手机版 feel and the shared sense of belonging amongst students, teachers and parents. In addition to our rigorous academic program we know our strong sense of family is important to prospective parents.
An important element in the educational experience we offer at AIS is our single closed campus. We are a ‘through-train’ 五福彩票app手机版, which means the children in our Early Childhood and Elementary School are on the same campus as our Middle School and High School students. This provides AIS with the capacity to build a seamless transition between the respective 五福彩票app手机版 divisions. Indeed, at AIS we place great importance on providing effective support for those key transition stages that all children experience as they progress through 五福彩票app手机版.
As a single campus 五福彩票app手机版 our students and teachers cross paths every day. Our younger students enjoy seeing older students in their world. Likewise, our older students recognise they are powerful role models for the younger grades. This has helped us build a 五福彩票app手机版 climate that is both respectful and caring. This resonates strongly with our families who feel their children are part of one 五福彩票app手机版.
We also understand the educational landscape is changing. Accelerated by technology and powerful structural shifts in the global economy, significant changes in the work we do in 五福彩票app手机版 is already underway. Fuelled by research, technology and 五福彩票app手机版 innovation, we’re on an exciting journey to make 五福彩票app手机版 truly relevant for our students. Our new Future Framework identifies not only the pursuit of confidence, but also emphasises the importance of social, personal and applied learning. We’re proud of our bold vision for the future and excited by the possibilities ahead.
Founder of American International School
● Preparing students with the academic skills and qualifications needed to access university and college programs;
● Providing a progressive educational program in English that supports the ethos of enquiry, is academically challenging and technologically advanced;
● Expanding knowledge and understanding of the world through a systematic program of experiential learning, leadership training, community service and extracurricular activities; and
● Promoting an inclusive 五福彩票app手机版 climate that teaches empathy, fosters collaboration and celebrates international diversity.
● Values and respects diversity
● Makes a positive difference to the lives of others
● Assumes responsibility for the planet and its inhabitants
● Is action-oriented
● Accesses and critically evaluates information
● Demonstrates flexibility, creativity, and innovation
● Applies learning to real life situations
● Is reflective
● Listens actively for understanding
● Organizes ideas to produce clear and coherent writing
● Uses appropriate media to convey a message
● Is articulate
● Leads an active, balanced, and healthy lifestyle
● Embraces new opportunities and challenges
● Works well independently and collaboratively
● Is engaged